Mahabhuta Yoga Festival for the Yoga Community
Sep 26, 2012 09:47PM
The Mahabhuta Yoga Festival, co-sponsored by Natural Awakenings of NW Florida, will be held November 16 to 18, at the Sanders Beach-Corinne Jones Resource Center, in Pensacola. More than 20 of regional and local yoga instructors and studio owners will provide a variety of yoga classes, shopping, music, healing arts, food and an artisan village.
Onsite healing services will be offered by some of the most talented certified practitioners along the Emerald Coast, each of which is committed to providing a safe and relaxing environment that will support each participant’s healing journey.
A portion of all the proceeds will fund the Mahabhuta Yoga Foundation to provide each participating studio with a scholarship fund for Gulf Coast residents or regional teachers to participate in yoga teacher trainings, workshops and continuing education.
Festival Schedule of Events
· Noon Opening Ceremony
· 1-2:30 p.m. Stacey Vann & Vani Kimbrell—Abhaya Yoga, Pensacola (Healing Kundalini Yoga)
· 3-4:30 p.m. Divya Elting—Breathe Yoga, Pensacola (Akhanda Yoga)
· 5-6:30 p.m. Catherine McCarthy—Nola Yoga, New Orleans (Surf the Waves of Life)
· 7-7:30 p.m. Rhythm Dance Fire Show
· 8-10 p.m. Sean Johnson & The Wild Lotus Kirtan
· 9-10:30 a.m. Nancy LaNasa—Abhaya Yoga, Pensacola (The Ocean Refuses No River)
· 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Sean Johnson—Wild Lotus Yoga, New Orleans (A River Moving in You:Bhakti Vinyasa)
· 1-2:30 p.m. Michael Brant DeMaria— Pensacola (In the Flow)
· 3-4:30 p.m. Laura Tyree—Dragonfly Yoga, FWB (Vinyasa Krama)
· 5-6:30 p.m. Kelli Precourt—Balance Health Studio, Seagrove Beach (Liquid Flow: Exploration of Vinyasa and Arm Balances)
· 6:45-7:15 p.m. Rhythm Dance Fire Show
· 9 a.m.-noon After party at Vinyl Music Hall
· 10-11:30 a.m. Melanie Buffett—Yogabirds, Fairhope, Alabama (Cleansing Waters)
· Noon-1:30 pm Geoffrey Roniger—Freret Street Yoga, New Orleans (Moving the Waters of the Body)
· 2-3:30 p.m. Moira Anderson—River Rock Yoga, Ocean Springs, Mississippi (Kripalu Vinyasa Yoga: Riding the Wave)
· 4-5:30 pm Laura Flora—Alamkara Yoga, New Orleans (Letting the Ocean Instruct)
· 6 p.m. Closing Ceremony
Location: 913 S. I St. For more information, visit MahabhutaYogaFestival.com.